Sunday, February 27, 2005

First Time-- Long Time

Well, it sure has been quite a long time since I've last posted.
I guess school has been kicking my fat brown butt more than I had realized.

Friday was my first homicide.
Not that I committed it, no-no, lets not be silly.
We had a call for a man down, nature unknown.
When we got there we were met by a police officer. Before we could enter the home, we were asked to wait until the area was secure. Oooooh....takes me back to EMT-B. "BSI-Scene Safe"
Soon there were a multitude of law enforcement officers at the scene with guns drawn.
When we finally were allowed to enter we found two shooting victims, a man and a woman, Code 4.
:sniff: (Knowingly) Code 4 means Dead on the scene. Or as we professionals say when there are no civilians around, "DRT"-Dead Right There.
Not the first time I've encountered a dead person, but certainly the first time I'd been at a murder scene.
[insert serious voice] Unfortunately I can't go into any greater detail as an investigation is still pending.
:giggle: That was neat to be able to say that and mean it.

No comments: