Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Yes, I Smoke..........

I spent the Labor Day weekend smoking in the
back yard.
Three racks of spare ribs to be precise.
I use a different rub approach to beef, pork and poultry.
















Raw


I think I have by proprietary rub(s) pretty much
perfected.











Rub














Racked






Smoking more than one rack of ribs, however, is still under practice.







Smoking














Ready



Once THAT is done, then I'm going to start working on a BBQ sauce of my own formulation.
In the meantime, I'm using the old standby K.C. Masterpiece Original and I though I'd try a new one too yesterday.
Budweiser Beechwood BBQ sauce. We really liked it. Just a subtle hint of beer, not too overpowering with a surprisingly nice texture.













Budweiser BBQ Sauce


The nice part about perfecting the art of BBQ is that you get to eat all of the trial and error.

My next try at BBQ, though, Is going to be a Pork Shoulder.
That way I can try my hat at the pulled pork thing.
My wife likes that the best, so let's see how that works.
Now, If I could only convince her to allow me to buy a Caja China.
$299 to $329 (Haven't checked Ebay)

Caja China






Then I could do a WHOLE pig or several roasts or shoulders at once.

Whole Pig.

In the meantime, I'll use my $50 garage sale smoker and love every morsel.
Man, I love BBQ!!!

No comments: