Sunday, January 16, 2005

Alone

Well, I'm all alone.
My wife left yesterday.
The Grandparents came and took the kids about 30 minutes ago.
-sigh-
OK, sounds a bit dramatic. My wife left yesterday for Costa Rica. She went with about 10 other people to work with an organization who helps residents of slum clearence. I'm excited for her.
I think she's going to have a great time. It's the first time she's been out of the country without me since we've been married. About 5 years ago she went to Colorado Springs for a conference on Women in 3rd world nations.
The kids' godparents had them most of the day (allowing me time to study) and the grandparents just came and got them. They'll be with them until Tuesday night. Should give me a bit of time to study for my ACLS/Cardiac Unit test on Tuesday. I really should be studying now, but I just had to share. I about cried when my kids left. I'm going to miss them.
My oldest daughter is really struggling. She wailed when we left the airport yesterday and was rather weepy when she got into the van with Grandma and Grandpa. Hopefully she'll be able to nap the hour and a half it takes to get to where they're going.
I haven't been a bacehlor in 9 years. Too bad I have to study, eh?


No comments: