Wednesday, December 21, 2005

So Begins The End

I knew this day would come, I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. (Though, anytime is too soon)
When my dad had to have a quadurple bi-pass a couple of years ago I flew out to Vegas and was made medical power of attorney before the procedure.
Since then, we've had a few scares, but now it's looking like the end.
Dad is in the hospital, had to have a G-Tube put in because he failed three swallow studies and was aspirating all his oral intake. He told me that he saw no reason for living since he couldn't walk or drive and now he can't eat.
Well, I think he is chosing to go. They are increasing his dopamine and dobutamine and still his heart is failing. He's becoming increasingly disoriented.
They want to move him to hospice and make him a catagory 3, which means they want to take him off of what life support he's on.
Now, I have to fly out to Vegas and make that decision.
I'm going to lose my daddy for Christmas.

No comments: