Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Tulsa Bound

Tulsa Bound!

I have no idea what kind of song may go with that.  I was kind of digg’n on the Little Rock song, but I’m sure I would have gotten rather tired of it pretty quickly.
There are enough country singers in Tulsa that there HAS to be a catchy song about Tulsa that I’m not ware of.  If anyone knows of one, let me know.
But, I digress.
EMSA called me yesterday and apologized for not sending an offer letter and offered me over the phone.
I accepted, well, at least I’ll sign the paper when they finally do send it to me.
The pay is much less than I had hoped, but I firmly believe this is the job I am supposed to take.
The academy begins January 9th.  (My son’s church dedication is the afternoon on the 8th, so I’m going to have to break the speed limit driving down to Tulsa.)  Ok, academy is 6 weeks long and pretty intense, they say.  The family will move down after the academy is done.  Much less stress and distraction with that arrangement not to mention that my oldest will be done with her semester in mid-January.
It’s so stink’n cold up here that I’m looking forward to any incremental temperature increase this winter, no matter how small it may be.  Ask me this summer how I feel about the winter when my dashboard is melting.
Now, I have to break the news to my mother.  She’s going to be majorly bummed that I am moving her favorite grandchildren away from her.


No comments: